Specialized Care & Support
More than 16 million people in the United States live with cognitive impairment, which can make day-to-day tasks increasingly challenging. We recognize that these conditions make living alone tricky and, in some cases, a bit intimidating.
We are dedicated to providing as much freedom and independence as possible for our residents while providing 24-hour support by expertly trained staff. We value our memory care residents’ unique needs and work to develop a nurturing and caring environment for all community members.
Focused on Making Life Easier
Meaningful activities and daily routines are paramount to helping our residents maintain individuality and independence. Our safe and secure area allows our community members to feel at home in a worry-free environment.
We work to develop customized care plans that preserve the dignity of our residents. We acknowledge and respect our community members’ differing backgrounds and support each individual and their family as one.
We respect that situations often change, so we provide flexible options adaptable to modified needs. Our compassionate staff is here to help you through life changes, so you, or your loved ones, are always comfortable and well-taken care of when they happen.
If you’re interested in our memory care facilities, you and your family can meet with one of our registered nurses to determine the level of care needed. Services offered include:
- Personal hygiene and toileting
- Eating assistance
- Medication assistance
- Transferring assistance
Enriching Connections is a specialized program at Harrison Bay focused on residents with dementia. Through Enriching Connections, we ensure our staff and caregivers have specific training to serve our residents best.
Enriching Connections allows us to create individualized care programs for each resident while allowing them to remain independent. The program is based on 7 foundational elements:
- Relationships & Community: Every individual is invited to belong.
- Commitment: Our organizational leaders are actively involved and committed to preserving our culture of person-centered care.
- Certification & Training: All management and Memory Care staff members are certified in dementia care through the Alzheimer’s Association and complete additional dementia training.
- Services: Families can focus care plans that promote personal preferences, dignity, and independence, with the aid of our nursing staff.
- Meaningful Life & Engagement: Inspire Wellness for Life is our core program that allows us to promote and maintain the best quality of life.
- Environment: We are dedicated to making continuous improvements so every Tealwood community maintains its dementia-friendly environment.
- Accountability: We continually monitor our processes, operational plans, and culture to sustain our high standards for quality care.
- Dementia or other cognitive impairments are making independent living unsafe.
- Your loved one’s health is at risk.
- Your loved one’s needs are beyond your loved ones’ abilities.
- Your loved one is neglecting your responsibilities and relationships with others.
- Your loved one would benefit from the structured care of our Memory Care community.
What You Can Expect at Harrison Bay
Our Memory Care residents will receive the following services:
- Assistance going to and from meals, events, and appointments
- Regularly scheduled care conferences
- High-quality meal program
- And more
A Compassionate Community Designed For You
Harrison Bay is designed to provide a unique and comfortable atmosphere for residents with cognitive impairments. Our main goal is to help our residents thrive and find enjoyment in their new lives.
Some of the features and amenities that members of our community enjoy are:
- Big, airy walkways
- Activity centers and recreational programs
- Secured outdoor spaces
- Grand bath with whirlpool spa
- Private suite
- Bathroom with shower
- Utilities included, except phone
- Regular and frequent health monitoring from highly-trained staff
- Non-slip floors
- Heat lamps with timers
- Other subtle design features for wayfinding, safety, and independence
Why Choose Harrison Bay?
Harrison Bay offers unique and dynamic programming. We continuously add new activities and events to our robust calendar, offering more of what our residents want. And of course, you can participate as much as you like.
Whether it’s independent living, memory care, or something in between, we offer a range of lifestyle choices to give you the perfect level of care. We’ll advocate for your independence and make sure you have the support you need when you need it.
Harrison Bay offers unique and dynamic programming. We continuously add new activities and events to our robust calendar, offering more of what our residents want. And of course, you can participate as much as you like.Learn More
Whether it’s independent living, memory care, or something in between, we offer a range of lifestyle choices to give you the perfect level of care. We’ll advocate for your independence and make sure you have the support you need when you need it.Learn More
Our community is equipped with advanced technology to keep you safe and healthy. From air purification to medical-grade surface protectants, we take the necessary steps to protect you from illness and pollutants.Learn More
Discover Harrison Bay Senior Living
Visit our Community
We look forward to showing you what we’re all about. You’ll find us just off Commerce Boulevard, across from Harrison Bay.
Our Address1861 Commerce Boulevard
Mound, MN 55364